300 documentaries for the expansion of consciousness
Three hundred documentaries that casta challenge to the conventional picture of reality and make us think about the usual things, opinions and practices that we usually take for granted.
Documentary films are incredible tools for teaching and expanding knowledge on important issues. Their strength lies in the fact that they demonstrate to our mind new opportunities and deepen our understanding of the world.
In the documentaries from this list, youyou will find different points of view, controversial opinions and conflicting ideas. A critical approach is welcome! Even if you are not a big fan of documentary films, he should be given credit. These films challenge the conventional reality and make us think about the usual things, opinions and practices that we usually take for granted.
Viewing documentaries is one of the bestmethods of self-education. These films inspire so much that you are willing to spend your time learning different ideas and searching interesting people who have been interviewed.
We hope that these documentaries will be cognitive for you! We will be happy if you share your favorite documentaries with us (preferably with translation or Russian subtitles).
If you notice that any link on our list does not work, please let us know about it in the comments, and we will update it as soon as possible.
Life in the biosphere
Thanks to the small magic of modern technology, we have the opportunity to explore the miracle of the biosphere and the interconnection of the processes taking place in it.
1. Home | "House".
2. How Many People Can Live on Planet Earth? | | "How many people can live on Earth."
3. The Magical Forest | "Magical forest".
4. "Ants: the secret power of nature."
5. Mt. Everest: How It Was Made | "How the Earth was created: Everest."
6. Mariana's Trench: The Deepest Spot On Earth | "How the Earth was created: the Mariana Trench".
7. "Wild Planet: The Andes, the Ridge of the Dragon."
8. Shining Mountains: The Rockies | "Shining mountains": series 1 - "Ancient", series 2 - "Land of abundance", series 3 - "On the edge", series 4 - "The future of the wild edge".
9. Grand Canyon: How It Was Made | "How the Earth was created: Grand Canyon"
10. The Intelligence of Plants | "The Kingdom of Plants": episode 1, episode 2, episode 3.
Creativity and Design
Just look at these miracle things that people create because of their imagination.
11. Everything Is A Remix | "Everything is a remix."
12. The Creative Brain: How Insight Works | "Creative abilities: a view from within."
13. Teaching to See | "Amazing side by side."
14. Design: The New Business | "Design: a new business."
15. PressPausePlay: Art and Creativity in the Digital Age | Press Pause Play
16. Infamy: A Graffiti Documentary | "Bad reputation".
17. Influencers: How Trends and Creativity Become Contagious | "Influential".
18. RIP: A Remix Manifesto | "Manifesto of the remixer": part 1, part 2.
19. Design: e² - Sustainable Architecture | «Design: e2 - Green Manhattan».
20. The Genius Of Design | "The genius of design."
As the state pushes young minds into standardized templates, stamping out new townsfolk.
21. The College Conspiracy.
22. Declining by Degrees: Higher Education at Risk.
23. The Forbidden Education | "Prohibited education."
24. Default: The Student Loan Documentary.
25. College Inc.
26. Education For A Sustainable Future.
27. Networked Society: The Future of Learning.
28. The Ultimate History Lesson With John Taylor Gatto: hour 1, hour 2, hour 3, hour 4, hour 5.
29. Education, Education. Why Poverty?
30. The War On Kids.
The Internet is now the driving force for change and innovation in the world.
31. Download: The True Story of the Internet | "Download: the true history of the Internet."
32. The Age of Big Data | "The era of large data."
33. Resonance: Beings of Frequency | "Resonance: life in the ocean of microwaves".
34. Life In A Day | "Life in a day."
35. Networked Society: On The Brink.
36. Us Now: Social Media and Mass Collaboration.
37. WikiRebels: The WikiLeaks Story.
38. The Virtual Revolution: The Cost of Free | "The virtual revolution: the price of freedom."
39. How Hackers Changed the World.
40. THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take? | | "Prosperity. What will happen to the Earth? ": Part 1, part 2.
41. Zeitgeist III: Moving Forward | "Zeitgeist III: moving forward."
42. Paradise or Oblivion | "Paradise or oblivion."
43. 2012: Time For Change.
44. The Crisis of Civilization | "The crisis of civilization."
45. The Collective Evolution II.
46. The Quickening: Awakening As One.
47. Love, Reality, and the Time of Transition.
48. Collapse | The "collapse".
49. The Awakening.
What impact does politics have on our lives?
50. Owned and Operated | "Separated and operated."
52. The Power Principle.
53. The True Story of Che Guevara.
54. Earth Days.
55. Capitalism Is The Crisis.
56. WikiLeaks: The Secret Life of a Superpower.
57. The Putin System | "The Putin system."
58. The War On Democracy.
59. Rise Like Lions: Occupy Wall Street and the Seeds of Revolution.
Biographies of geniuses
Biographies of geniuses who pushed humanity forward.
60. Isaac Newton: The Last Magician | "Isaac Newton: the last of the magicians."
61. Nikola Tesla: The Greatest Mind of All Time.
62. The Unlimited Energy of Nicola Tesla | "Nikola Tesla's free energy".
63. The Missing Secrets Of Nikola Tesla | "The Lost Secrets of Nikola Tesla."
64. Richard Feynman: No Ordinary Genius.
65. How Albert Einstein's Brain Worked | "Riddle of Einstein's Brain".
66. The Extraordinary Genius of Albert Einstein.
67. The Biography of Albert Einstein.
68. Da Vinci: Unlocking The Genius.
69. "Archives of Da Vinci. Shadow side of an outstanding person. "
70. Leonardo Da Vinci: The Man Who Wanted to Know Everything | "Leonardo da Vinci: the man who wanted to know everything."
War is the world's oldest tool for redistributing resources.
71. Psywar: The Real Battlefield Is Your Mind.
72. The History of World War II.
73. The Secret History of 9/11 | "Secret History: The Tragedy of 9/11".
74. Robot Armies in the Future.
75. The Never Ending War in Afghanistan.
76. Shadow Company: Mercenaries In The Modern World.
77. World War II From Space | "The Second World War. A glance from outer space. "
78. Why We Fight | "Why are we at war?"
79. The Fog Of War | "Fog of war".
80. The Oil Factor: Behind The War On Terror.
Learn more about the global financial system and how people and entire societies fall into credit slavery.
81. The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power | "Corporation: a pathological pursuit of profit."
82. Overdose: The Next Financial Crisis | "Overdose: the next financial crisis."
83. The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of The World | "The ascent of money: the financial history of the world": series 1, series 2, series 3, series 4, series 5.
84. The One Percent.
85. Quants: The Alchemists of Wall Street | "Quanta: Wall Street alchemists."
86. The Last Days Of Lehman Brothers.
87. The Four Horsemen | "Four horsemen of the Apocalypse."
88. Inside Job: The Biggest Robbery In Human History.
89. Capitalism: A Love Story | "Capitalism: a love story."
90. Money and Life.
The stories of entrepreneurs who use technology and change the world.
91. The Life Of A Young Entrepreneur.
92. Profile: Google's Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
93. Profile: Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg.
94. Starting-Up in America.
95. The Biography of Bill Gates | "Bill Gates. Biography".
96. Steve Jobs: One Last Thing | "Steve Jobs: one last thing."
97. Steve Jobs: The Billion Dollar Hippy | "Steve Jobs: a billion dollar hippie."
98. Elon Musk: Risk Takers | "Elon Mask: the adventurer."
99. The Story of Twitter.
Look at inspirational stories about the most amazing athletes.
100. Fearless: The Jeb Corliss Story | "Fearless: the story of Jeb Corliss."
101. Carts of Darkness.
102. The Two Escobars.
103. Usain Bolt: The World's Fastest Man.
104. Wayne Gretzky: The Life and Times.
105. When We Were Kings | "Mohammed Ali. When we were kings. "
106. Mike Tyson: Beyond the Glory.
108. The Legacy Of Michael Jordan | "The Legacy of Michael Jordan."
109. We Ride: The Story of Snowboarding.
Learn a lot about the development of technology, their impact and the imminent achievement of technological singularity.
110. Ray Kurzweil: The Transcendent Man | "The Transcendent Man Raymond Kurzweil."
111. How Robots Will Change the World.
112. Human 2.0: Mind Control Machine.
113. Technology of the Future.
114. Trance-Formation: The Future of Humanity.
115. The Venus Project: Future By Design | "Project" Venus ": design of the future".
116. Bionics, Transhumanism And The End Of Evolution.
117. The Singularity Is Near.
118. Car Technology Of The Future.
119. Powering The Future: The Energy Revolution | "Energy of the future: the energy revolution".
The origins of religion
A selection of films about the study of the origins of religion and the life of mankind at the dawn of civilization.
120. Entheogen: Awakening the Divine Within.
121. Manifesting the Mind: Footprints of the Shaman.
122. Ancient Egypt and The Alternative Story of Mankind's Origins.
123. The Hidden Knowledge of the Supernatural.
124. Re-Awaken: Open Your Heart, Expand Your Mind.
125. Shamans of the Amazon.
126. The Root of All Evil: The God Delusion.
127. Ancient Knowledge.
128. The Naked Truth.
129. Before Babel: In Search of the First Language.
A striking story of the three Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
130. Secret Quest: The Path of the Christian Gnostics.
131. The Secret Gate of Eden.
132. Forbidden Knowledge: The Lost Secrets of the Bible.
133. Banned From The Bible: Secrets Of The Apostles.
134. The Life of Prophet Muhammad.
135. The Road To Armageddon.
136. The Most Hated Family In America.
137. Muhammad: The Legacy of a Prophet | "Muhammad: the heritage of the prophet."
138. A Complete History of God.
139. Gnosis: The Untold History of the Bible.
Expand your horizons and learn a lot about the worldview of the religions of the East.
140. Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds.
141. The Life Of The Buddha | "Life of the Buddha."
142. The Seven Wonders of the Buddhist World.
143. Mysteries of the Cosmic OM: Ancient Vedic Science.
144. Where Science and Buddhism Meet | "Where Buddhism and Science Meet".
145. The Yogis of Tibet | "Great Yogis of Tibet."
146. Taj Mahal: Secrets To Blow Your Mind | The Secret of the Taj Mahal.
147. Light at the Edge of the World: Tibetan Science of the Mind.
148. Myths of Mankind: The Mahabharata.
149. Ayurveda: The Art of Being | "Ayurveda: the art of life."
Learn a lot about the basics of existence and miracles of consciousness.
150. Athene's Theory of Everything.
151. Theory of Everything: GOD, Devils, Dimensions, Dragons & The Illusion of Reality.
152. The God Within: Physics, Cosmology and Consciousness.
153. 5 Gateways: The Five Key Expansions of Consciousness.
154. Return to the Source: Philosophy and The Matrix | "Returning to the source: philosophy and the Matrix."
155. The Holographic Universe.
156. DMT: The Spirit Molecule | "DMT: a molecule of the spirit."
157. What Is Consciousness?
158. Kymatica | "Cimatics."
159. Neuroplasticity: The Brain That Changes Itself.
Studies of the mysteries of the past in the style of Indiana Jones.
160. Alchemy: Sacred Secrets Revealed.
161. The Day Before Disclosure.
162. "Secret code of the Egyptian pyramids".
163. The Secret Design of the Egyptian Pyramids.
164. Decoding the Past: Secrets of the Dollar Bill.
165. The Lost Gods of Easter Island | "The Lost Gods of Easter Island."
166. Origins of the Da Vinci Code | "Opening the da Vinci code."
167. Forbidden Knowledge: Ancient Medical Secrets.
168. Secret Mysteries of America's Beginnings: The New Atlantis.
169. Secrets in Plain Sight.
Learn about how our thoughts and opinions influence the mass culture.
170. The Century of the Self.
171. All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace.
172. The Power Of Nightmares.
173. The Trap: What Happened To Our Dreams of Freedom | "Trap. What has become of our dream of freedom. "
174. Starsuckers: A Culture Obsessed By Celebrity.
175. Human Resources: Social Engineering in the 20th Century.
176. Obey: The Death of the Liberal Class.
177. Brazil: In the Shadow of the Stadiums.
178. Bob Marley: Freedom Road.
179. Radiant City.
Discover amazing facts about how the media and advertising use our motives.
180. Weapons of Mass Deceptions.
181. Secrets of the Superbrands | «Secrets of superbrands».
182. Orwell Rolls in his Grave.
183. The Century of the Self | Personality age
184. The Esoteric Agenda.
185. The Myth of the Liberal Media: The Propaganda Model of News.
186. Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media.
187. Symbolism in Logos: Subliminal Messages or Ancient Archetypes.
188. Edward Snowden: A Truth Unveiled.
189. Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism.
Art and Literature
History of life of famous artists.
190. Lord Of The Rings: Facts Behind The Fiction | "Lord of the Rings": a film about the film. "
191. Cosm: Alex Gray's Visionary Art.
192. Banksy's Exit Through The Gift Shop | "Exit through the souvenir shop."
193. New Art and the Young Artists Behind It.
194. Salvador Dali: A Master of the Modern Era.
195. How Art Made The World: More Human Than Human | "How art created the world. More human than man himself. "
196. The Day Pictures Were Born.
197. Guns, Germs and Steel | "Rifles, germs and steel."
198. Off-Book: Digital Age Creativity.
199. This Is Modern Art.
Learn about how our body works and how amazing is the strength of our brain.
200. The Human Brain | "The human brain and its capabilities."
201. The Truth About Exercise | "The whole truth about the exercises."
202. How To Live To 101 | "How to live to 101 years."
203. Globesity: Fat'Globesitys New Frontier | "Obesity is the scourge of the 21st century."
204. The War On Health.
205. The Beautiful Truth.
206. Food Inc. | | "Corporation" Food. "
207. The Truth About Food | "The whole truth about food."
208. Addicted To Pleasure: Sugar.
209. The Living Matrix.
210. "Harmful healthy way of life".
Films that make you think about the state of the environment and the growing threat to the biosphere.
211. Earthlings | "Earthlings."
212. Blue Gold: World Water Wars.
213. Tapped | "Water in the bottle."
214. Shift: Beyond the Numbers of the Climate Crisis.
215. All Things Are Connected.
216. The Fight For Amazonia.
Flow: For Love Of Water | "Flow: in the name of love of water."
218. Here Comes the Sun.
219. The World According To Monsanto | "Mosanto Corporation is the creator of GMOs."
220. The Story of Stuff.
Expand your horizons and enjoy the unique beauty of the cosmos.
221. The Search for Planets Similar to Earth | "Space travel: in search of planets of the terrestrial type."
222. Inside the Milky Way Galaxy | "Journey through the Milky Way".
223. Cosmic Journeys: The Largest Black Holes in the Universe | "Space travel: the largest black holes in the universe."
224. Beyond The Big Bang
225. The Mystery of the Milky Way | The Secret of the Milky Way.
226. Fractals: The Hidden Dimension | "Fractals: hunting for hidden measurement."
227. Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking: The Story of Everything.
228. Pioneer Science: Discovering Deep Space.
229. Carl Sagan's Cosmos | "Space with Carl Sagan."
230. The Strangest Things In The Universe | "The strangest things in the universe."
The history of scientific discoveries and all about how our perception has changed due to scientific tools.
231. A Science Odyssey: Mysteries of the Universe.
232. The Quantum Revolution | "The Quantum Revolution."
233. Secret Universe: The Hidden Life of the Cell | "The inner universe: the secret life of the cell."
234. Stephen Hawking: A Brief History of Time | "Stephen Hawking: A Brief History of Time."
235. Quantum Mechanics: Fabric of the Cosmos | "Secrets of the universe. The Space Odyssey. "
236. The Light Fantastic | "What is light?"
237. DNA: The Secret of Life.
238. Parallel Universes, Alternative Timelines & Multiverse | "Parallel universes."
239. What Is The Higgs Boson?
240. Infinity | "Infinite Infinity".
All about our evolution and the emergence of self-awareness among people.
241. The Origin of Life.
242. Homo Sapiens: The Birth of Humanity.
243. Beyond Me.
244. The Global Brain | The "Global Brain".
245. Metanoia: A New Vision of Nature.
246. Birth Of A New Humanity | "The birth of a new humanity."
247. Samsara | Samsara.
248. Ape Man: Adventures in Human Evolution.
249. The Incredible Human Journey | "The Journey of Man."
250. The Human Family Tree | "The genealogy of humanity."
Psychology and the brain
New research shedding light on how we can improve our brains.
251. How Smart Can We Get?
252. The Science of Lust.
253. DNA: The Secret of Life.
254. What Are Dreams?
255. A Virus Called Fear.
256. Beyond Thought (Awareness Itself).
257. The Human Brain | "The human brain and its capabilities."
258. Superconscious Mind: How To Double Your Brain's Performance.
259. The Memory | "How our memory works."
260. Secrets of the Mind.
The history of the Enlightenment, the industrial revolution and the struggle for the modern world.
261. The Entrepreneurs Who Built America | "People who built America."
262. History of the World in Two Hours | "The history of the world in two hours."
263. The Industrial Revolution | "Industrial Revolution".
264. The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.
265. The Adventure of the English Language.
266. The French Revolution | "French revolution".
267. Big Sugar.
268. The Spanish Inquisition.
269. The American Revolution.
270. The Mexican American War.
History from ancient times to modern times
American and European history in the pre-modern period.
271. America Before Columbus | "The World Before and After Columbus."
272. The Dark Ages | "Dark Ages of the Middle Ages".
273. Socrates, Aristotle and Plato.
274. The Medici: The Most Influential Family In The World.
275. Rome: The Rise And Fall Of An Empire | "Ancient Rome: the flowering and falling of the empire."
276. History of Britain: The Myth of the Anglo-Saxon Invasion.
277. A History of Celtic Britain | "History of the Ancient Celts".
278. The Crusades: Victory and Defeat.
279. The Vikings: Voyage To America.
280. Copernicus and the Scientific Revolution.
Learn more about the recent events that have affected the world.
281. Syria: The Reckoning.
282. Empire: Putin's Russia.
283. The New Arms Race.
284. The Killing of Yasser Arafat.
285. Egypt In Crisis.
286. Inside Obama's Presidency.
287. The Untouchables: How Obama Protected Wall Street.
288. Behind The Rhetoric: The Real Iran.
289. A History of the Middle East since WWII.
290. Climate Wars | "Climatic wars."
Exciting research of ancient civilizations.
291. When God Was a Girl: When Goddesses Ruled The Heavens and Earth.
292. The Persian Empire: Most Mysterious Civilization in the Ancient World.
293. What The Ancients Did For Us.
294. What the Ancients Knew.
Egypt: Beyond the Pyramids.
296. Secrets of the Ancient Empires | "Secrets of ancient empires."
297. Constellations & Ancient Civilizations.
298. Graham Hancock's Quest For The Lost Civilization | "In search of lost Atlantis."
299. Atlantis: The Lost Continent.
300. Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.