Alcoholism and its consequences. Alcohol Treatment Clinics
Currently, alcoholism is one of the most frightening problems of all mankind, since the rate of its widespread distribution only increases from year to year. The availability of alcoholic beverages and their advertising play a negative role, because it contributes to the spread of a rather dangerous addiction. Especially negatively this kind of popularization affects adolescents, since for them the forbidden fruit is always sweet. What is different home alcoholism? What features has a female addiction to alcoholic beverages? Answers to these and many other questions can be found in this article.
Alcoholism is a rather serious disease that occurs because of the frequent use of alcoholic beverages, as a result of which there is a strong predilection. According to experts, it refers to one of the types of drug addiction, since alcohol acts on the central nervous system literally as a drug.Due to the long-term use of alcohol-containing beverages in the human body, irreversible changes begin to develop, which often end in death.
The problem of alcoholism has recently caused a lot of anxiety on the part of doctors. Every year the number of "sick" only increases. The treatment of any disease, as you know, is a doctor. In this case, you need to seek qualified help from a psychiatrist-narcologist, because alcoholism provokes the development of serious mental and physical changes in the body. As practice shows, it is possible to cope with this disease independently in exceptional cases. However, timely access to the appropriate doctor allows not only to restore health, but also to eliminate the existing dependence.
According to experts, all the causes of alcoholism can be divided into three categories.
- Physiological factors.
- Psychological factors.
- Social factors.
One of the main points is the presence of a predisposition to alcoholism at the genetic level, which occurs due to a mutation in the genes.Due to such changes in chromosomes, the rate of development of the disease increases several times. Taking into account the fact that recently this disease is being diagnosed more and more often, the probability of the birth of children with an already existing tendency increases several times. However, the presence of genetic predisposition still does not give a 100% guarantee that the child will subsequently suffer from alcoholism. Of particular importance in this matter belongs to education and social status.
In addition to genetic predisposition, there are physiological causes of alcoholism. In some diseases related to the central nervous system, metabolism or liver, this problem manifests itself faster. Men and women who consume alcoholic drinks very often get depressed, have so-called manic personality changes. It is safe to say that alcoholism and its consequences are terrible from a psychological point of view, since the person himself is very much degraded. Some begin to drink from hopelessness (parting with a loved one, dismissal from work), others perceive alcoholic beverages as an opportunity to rest after a busy day.However, in the aggregate, all this causes the constant use of alcohol, which in the future may provoke the emergence of dependence.
There is also a socio-economic factor (all those conditions in which we live directly). Depending on the environment, there may be a tendency to drink or reject alcohol. Tradition, education, family values - all this affects the way a person spends his leisure time and copes with the difficulties that arise. If a child had a clear example of alcoholism before his eyes in childhood, the likelihood of addiction in the future increases several times. The younger generation believes that if parents could not otherwise cope with their problems, it means that beer or wine is really the only way out.
First of all, it should be noted that in total there are two types of dependence: psychological and physical. The first appears due to the influence of alcohol on the central nervous system, and the second due to the inclusion of the substance (ethanol) in metabolic processes. Alcoholism in men and women, as a rule, develops gradually. In order to confirm the presence of this problem, the doctor assesses four signs:
- The degree of attraction to alcohol.
- Change in tolerance to alcohol.
- Withdrawal syndrome (the formation of psycho-neurological symptoms after the cessation of the use of alcoholic beverages).
- The defeat of some systems of internal organs.
The psychiatrist-narcologist always first of all evaluates the accompanying symptoms of the problem in order to understand the severity of the condition. The most important symptom is an irresistible desire to drink alcohol regardless of the situation. In total, there are three stages of the disease.
The first stage is characterized by the emergence of addiction. An alcoholic patient feels an unbearable desire to drink alcohol. Even if such a rush occurs only once a week, this symptom should not be ignored anyway. The alcoholic at this stage is not aware of the danger of the disease, he prefers to satisfy the existing need, rather than try to deal with it. Gradually, control is lost in relation to the amount of alcohol consumed. This means that a person drinks until intoxication occurs. The next day, he usually suffers from a hangover.
What is different in the second stage of alcoholism? Symptoms in this case may vary.A clear sign is the appearance of the so-called abstinence syndrome. If the desire is not satisfied in time, a number of mechanisms are started that worsen the mental / physical condition of the person. Thus, the body literally requires every time a whole new batch of alcohol. Blood pressure rises, irritability, insomnia, vomiting appear, including after the next meal. Often, psychosis begins with hallucinations. Such a state is dangerous not only for the patient himself, but also for his environment. This is how alcoholism develops consistently. The symptoms listed above cause a lot of anxiety. In order to avoid their development, the person continues to consume alcoholic beverages, which already leads to a real binge.
The third stage is considered final. It is characterized by a drop in stamina to alcohol. A person needs a small amount of alcohol to get drunk. The personality gradually degrades, the intellect and thinking ability disappear. The influence of alcoholism almost always entails irreversible consequences for all systems of internal organs.
Features of female alcoholism
The main patterns of the development of the disease in both the female and the male body are almost identical. However, experts call a group of characteristic features that allow you to isolate this problem.
- Relative psychoemotional lability. The higher nervous activity of women is arranged in the direction of the superiority of the so-called intuitive activity of the brain, and not logical. As a result, they are more emotional and subject to the negative effects of stress factors.
- The harm of alcoholism is indeed more pronounced among the fair sex. The fact is that liver tissue is hypersensitive to the toxic effect of ethanol against the background of the reduced ability of enzyme systems to its subsequent processing. As a result, for intoxication, women require a smaller dose of alcoholic beverages.
- Already in the initial stages of the development of the disease, there is a violation of the transmission of nerve impulses due to the fragile structure of the interneuronal connections.
- The rapid absorption of alcohol in the intestines.
- The incompatibility of sex hormones and directly the decay products of alcohol-containing beverages.
Very often there is such a situation that the woman herself does not notice what is starting to feel the need for alcohol. As a result, self-criticism falls, and any comments from relatives are denied. Damage to the brain, liver and other systems of internal organs is observed even faster. In the end, all these features merge into a severe form of alcoholism, and with persistent dependence.
What should be the treatment?
What are the treatment options offered by modern alcohol treatment clinics?
- Complex aspect. The most effective approach to treatment is considered a combination of methods of psychotherapy and the use of drugs. In this case, therapy involves learning new forms of behavior, managing emotions, improving family relationships. As for medicines, nootropic drugs are most often prescribed to restore and strengthen the central nervous system, suppress craving for alcoholic beverages.
- Combating alcoholism through biological methods involves applyingblocker drugs. As a rule, are used "Esperal" and "Torpedo". They are injected or implanted subcutaneously. Drugs blockers not only suppress persistent craving for alcohol, but also provoke pronounced incompatibility reactions when drinking alcohol.
- In the presence of alcohol dependence, together with a depressive state, therapy is first of all prescribed to eliminate the underlying disease. His treatment allows you to eliminate the main reason for drinking and to gain sobriety.
Some alcohol treatment clinics offer only one treatment option. Before choosing an institution, it is recommended to first examine the reviews about the method used, its effectiveness and side effects. Many clinics today offer different treatment options than those listed above, for example, using acupuncture or hypnosis. Preference should be given only to those professionals who have an appropriate medical education and a license to perform certain procedures.
Note that you should not try to overcome alcoholism.Reviews of traditional methods of treatment, as a rule, prove the ineffectiveness of the recipes of our grandmothers. Moreover, in the time that close relatives spend on such a “therapy,” the disease can turn into a chronic stage.
Coding and alcoholism
Coding is not really a panacea for alcoholism. In most cases, it only postpones the next hard drinking. For some people, this “rest” can last only a few days, for others - for several years.
The fight against alcoholism in this case involves the introduction into the body of special medicines, which, when interacting with alcohol, provoke the appearance of severe physiological reactions. This may be a drop in blood pressure, and redness of the skin, and tremor. Today, coding is carried out not only in specialized clinics, the doctor can go to a potential patient right at home. Unfortunately, not all patients, this treatment helps in practice.
Alcoholism and its health effects
- Pathology of the liver. Fatty acids serve as the main “fuel” for the cells of this organ.However, with regular use of alcoholic beverages, the liver, first of all, is forced to process just alcohol. Unblown fatty acids are consistently accumulated, causing the appearance of changes in liver tissue. As a consequence, dystrophy develops, which over time can develop into fibrosis and even cirrhosis.
- Exhaustion. Chronic alcoholism contributes to the emergence of a constant feeling of euphoria and simultaneous suppression of appetite. As a result, a person eats less, which entails a deficiency of certain vitamins and nutrients.
- Oncology. As a rule, the liver and pancreas are affected. In addition, cancer of the rectum, prostate, larynx, and esophagus is common in alcoholics.
- Peptic ulcer disease. When excessive use of alcohol-containing beverages violates the balance of aggressive and protective factors in the stomach, resulting in damage to the mucous membrane of the digestive tract.
- Pancreatitis. According to experts, up to 80% of cases of this disease are provoked by this very problem.
- Bleeding.Against the background of liver diseases, varicose veins of the esophagus itself often develop. Their rupture entails massive bleeding, which often ends in the death of a person. In addition, the veins of the esophagus are very easily damaged by vomiting.
- Depression and psychosis. Against the background of these diseases, the risk of suicide increases several times. That is why qualified psychotherapy helps not only to cope with a depressive state, but also to save a person’s life.
- Heart diseases. Chronic use of alcoholic beverages contributes to raising blood pressure, increasing the concentration of cholesterol and its derivatives.
What happens to personal life?
- Loss of friends. With this disease, people lose their former common interests, they become more withdrawn and are looking for a company with the same problem.
- Problems at school / work. Alcoholism, as a rule, makes it difficult to perform usual duties, a person becomes less organized, and character and behavior change. All this, of course, affects the work and training activities.
- The social consequences of alcoholism are also expressed in a tense situation in the family.Alcoholics are not interested in the ordinary life of the average person, over time they cease to perform their direct duties. Such a situation, as a rule, does not satisfy relatives and friends. Any attempts to help or rectify the situation end in scandals and resistance from the drinking person.
- Financial difficulties.
- Chronic alcoholism increases the risk of committing illegal acts, as well as criminal offenses.
Consequences of female alcoholism
Alcohol abuse by the fair sex has even more horrific consequences, since all ladies sooner or later become mothers. If during pregnancy a woman continues to drink alcohol, the probability of having a baby with the so-called alcohol syndrome increases. These are gross morphological disorders characterized by irregular proportions of the face and body. A newborn may have a broad bridge of nose, spherical eyes, underdevelopment of the jaw bones or other pathologies.
In addition, alcoholism and its consequences for the mental development of the child are terrible.These children are usually diagnosed with congenital cerebral insufficiency, delayed mental development.
Alcoholic parents have children growing up in a very difficult situation, which is reflected in their psyche. That is why they are often diagnosed with enuresis, stuttering, aggressiveness, leaving home are possible. The emotional state of these children is extremely unstable, in some cases there is a tendency to suicide.
Consequences of beer alcoholism
Currently, beer alcoholism has become widespread, which increasingly forces the society to think seriously about the future of the country. Young people mistakenly believe that the intoxicating drink is absolutely harmless to the body, because it contains a small proportion of alcohol. Young men and women do not care about beer alcohol and its health consequences. However, this relationship actually causes a lot of harm to the young body.
The constant use of beer in the first place provokes the development of quite serious pathologies. Young people have impaired sexual and mental development. The cardiovascular system and the gastrointestinal tract suffer from alcohol toxins.
Beer is very quickly absorbed, which leads to an overflow of the bloodstream, increasing the load on the heart. This alcoholic beverage contains psychoactive substances. They have stupefying and intoxicating effects, people become aggressive and violent.
What is more dangerous beer alcoholism? The effects on the brain are often irreversible. This intoxicating drink consistently kills its cells. Subsequently, they are excreted in the urine. Dead cells are not restored, as a result - when drinking beer a person literally dies. In youth, the results of such addiction are most pronounced, as the ability to learn and the level of intelligence are noticeably reduced.
The intoxicating drink adversely affects the reproductive function of the body. Alcohol contained in beer entails the degeneration of the seminiferous tubules. In addition, testosterone production is suppressed. As a result, men are becoming more and more like women. They, for example, expands the pelvis, increases the chest.
The problem of alcoholism in recent times increasingly attracts experts from around the world. This disease in almost every case requires a qualified approach to treatment, as well as appropriate rehabilitation. No less important is the attention from relatives and friends, their persistent desire to help people.
We hope that all the information presented in this article will be really useful for you. Be healthy!