Frenicus-symptom: features of manifestation
Some symptoms do not have a common name, butyour own. This is due to the uniqueness of the manifestation, which a certain person has noticed. This article will focus on the frenicus-symptom, which can be positive in many diseases, which helps significantly speed up the diagnosis and recovery process.
Another name that is inherent in the Frenicus-Symptom is Mussie-Symptom.
Clinical manifestations are:
- soreness during palpation (probing) in the area between the legs of the sternocleidomastoid muscle in the direction of the projection of the diaphragmatic nerve;
- the pathology of the organs that are located in the upper part of the abdominal cavity is diagnosed (most often such diagnoses are cholecystitis, hepatitis, pancreatitis and the like).
It can appear both on the left side and on the right, depending on the disease present.
Topographical and anatomical justification
The branches of the diaphragmatic nerve, namely the right,can be approached either to the liver itself (this occurs from the side of the posterior diaphragmatic surface), or to that area of the liver gate, which somehow takes part in the formation of the hepatic plexus. The latter is directly related to both the left and the right diaphragmatic nerve. It is participation in the innervation of the liver and bile ducts of this type of nerves and explains the presence of pain when pressed, if pathology is observed.
At what diseases does the symptom give a positive result?
Very often a frenicus-symptom in gynecologyis an indication of the presence of disease of the pelvic organs, as well as other organs of the abdominal cavity. In particular, it can indicate the presence of the following diseases:
- Apoplexy of the ovary - hemorrhage in the abdominalThe cavity at which the integrity of the tissue is broken. In other words, this is an ovarian rupture, and a sudden break. With abundant bleeding, there is a positive frenicus symptom in combination with a drop in blood pressure, increased pulse, paleness of the skin.
- Ectopic pregnancy. When the pregnant tube is ruptured, the pains are irradiated to the shoulder area or directly under the shoulder blade, which happens in combination with loss of consciousness. In this case, the frenicus-symptom manifests itself in this way.
- Pancreatitis is an inflammatory process in the pancreas. When diagnosing, as a rule, the frenicus-symptom in pancreatitis is positive.
- Rupture of the spleen.
- Acute cholecystitis is an inflammatory process in the gallbladder. The frenicus-symptom arises from the irritation of the vagus nerve when palpation in this area.
- The perforation of a stomach ulcer is the formation of a hole, in most cases through, in the walls of the stomach.
- Diaphragmatic pleurisy is an inflammation of the pleura.
- Low-floor pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs or lung tissue.
Positive frenicus-symptom in the survey
In some cases this symptom may bepositive not only during the development of a disease, but also during a survey that is conducted to clarify the diagnosis. In particular, this applies to such research methods:
- Pertubation of the fallopian tubes - check for theirpermeability. In this case, the frenicus-symptom may become a subjective sign that the gas that is discharged through the pipes has entered the abdominal cavity. If the peristalsis of the fallopian tubes is rather sluggish, the pain sensations will manifest quickly. If there is complete obstruction of the fallopian tubes, the frenicus-symptom shows a negative result.
- Laparoscopy - examination of the abdominal cavity organs orsmall pelvis with a special optical device. This device is inserted into the abdominal cavity through a small opening in the abdominal wall under general anesthesia. Frenicus-symptom after laparoscopy occurs in most of the subjects on the first day after the procedure and, as a rule, passes by itself. This is due to the fact that during laparoscopy, air or gas is used, which in a certain amount still remains above the liver.
Despite the cause of the onset of the symptom, immediate medical attention is required when it occurs.