How to bake apples in the microwave - 4 step by step recipes
Apples - one of the most affordable, tasty and healthy fruits, which can be used as a dessert or snack. Each apple is a storehouse of vitamins and useful microelements. Potassium, calcium and fluorine, easily digestible iron, vitamins A, B and C, iodine, phosphorus, folic acid, cellulose, pectin and a number of other substances necessary for the body are hidden under the thin skin.
But not everyone can afford to eat fresh fruit. Nursing women, young children and people who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, it is not recommended to use apples in raw form. Fruit acid can irritate the mucous membranes of the mouth, stomach and intestines, and the digestion of coarse fiber - cause flatulence.
Heat treatment is a great way to prevent unpleasant consequences and to preserve the usefulness of your favorite fruit.
Apple cooking is extensive and diverse.Of them prepare jam, jam, mashed potatoes and marshmallow, add to sweet pies, dried, moisten, bake and marinate. Choosing one or another method of cooking, you need to consider how this will affect the preservation of useful properties.
The article will discuss one of the most benign methods of cooking at home, which will preserve all the micro and macro elements - baking apples in a microwave oven.
Baked apples in the microwave have a low calorie content (47 kcal per 100 grams), so that they can be consumed by those who follow the figure, they are even one of the main components of the diet table.
Apples baked with honey and cinnamon, have a high calorie content - up to 80 kcal.
Below is a table with the energy value of apples baked with different ingredients.Baked applesCalories, kcal per 100 g
|no ingredients added||47,00|
|with cinnamon and honey||83,00|
|with cottage cheese||80,50|
I will consider the most delicious cooking recipes in the microwave, and based on them you can create your own variants.
Classic recipe in the microwave
The easiest cooking recipe in the microwave is to bake apples without stuffing.
- Cut the washed and dry fruits into halves or smaller slices as desired, remove the core and put in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon.
- Place in oven for 4-6 minutes.
Give a little cool and you can enjoy the finished dish.
Apples in the microwave for a child
Baked apples - a useful sweetness for children from six months, when the baby begins to form a new diet.
Universal recipe that is suitable for the baby - bake apples without filler.
- Wash the apple, cut the top off and cut it in two.
- Remove pith and hard film partitions.
- Place a small piece of butter in the middle of each half.
- Place in a microwave oven at a power of 600-700 watts for 5-8 minutes.
- Cool, remove the skin and soften to puree.
If the child is less than a year old, do not use filler. For older children, you can fill the halves with sugar, honey, nuts, add a little cinnamon.
Apples with jam or cinnamon
To prepare the dessert, you will need 3-4 medium sized apples, jam (1 teaspoon for one fruit) or cinnamon teaspoon for 3 fruits.
- Clean and dry fruits cut into two slices.
- Remove the core and make a small notch.
- Put the halves in the form, fill each hole with jam.
- Cover the form with a lid for the microwave and put in a microwave for 5-8 minutes.
You can remove the skin and cut into 4 or 8 pieces. Put apple slices in one layer in a form and pour over jam or sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake under the lid for 10 minutes to get a tender dessert. If you leave the dish for 4 or 6 minutes, the apples will keep their shape and will be moderately soft.
Recipe with sugar or honey
Apples baked with honey or sugar, one of the most popular recipes. It is better to choose the fruit of sweet and sour varieties with dense skin.
You will need:
- 3-4 apples;
- 0.5-1 teaspoon honey (sugar) per fruit.
- Wash the apples and cut the top.
- Cut a hole in the shape of a funnel, remove the bones.
- Fill the grooves with honey (sugar) and cover with the top.
- Place for 5-7 minutes in the oven (maximum power).
Cooking time depends on the size of the fruit and the power of the microwave.
As soon as the skin is browned, the juicy, flavorful dish is ready. Allow the apples to cool slightly, then sprinkle with cinnamon or powdered sugar.
A few tips that will help in the preparation of a baked apple dessert.
- Cut slices can be pre-mixed with the filling and put in layers. As a result, get a fruit casserole.
- Juice, which stands out during cooking, you can pour the finished dessert.
- When baking whole apples, cut the core so that the wall thickness and bottom is no less than a centimeter.
- For cooking it is better to use deep glass or ceramic dishes.
- To keep the apples in shape, pierce them in several places.
- Baking time in the microwave takes from three to ten minutes. This is influenced by the type and size, filling and capacity of the furnace. If you want to get a softer texture, cook longer, if more dense, reach the apples before.
- With the addition of water and under the lid, the apples are cooked faster.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, powdered sugar or cocoa on the finished dessert. This will give the dish a more aesthetic look, additional taste and flavor.
Are nutrients preserved?
You can be sure that apples cooked in the microwave retain almost all the nutrients of fresh fruit.
Regular consumption of baked apple delicacy is helpful because:
- Normalizes metabolism, the digestive tract, liver and kidneys.
- Removes toxins and cholesterol.
- It has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
- It promotes weight loss and fat reduction.
- Smoothes and tightens the skin.
- Strengthens the protective properties of the body.
- Enriches the body with essential vitamins.
Microwave baked apples can be used as a dessert and side dish for poultry or meat dishes. Dessert will not lose taste and hot and cold. Taste can be changed depending on preferences, and each time invent something new. The filling may be different. These are sugar, honey, fresh or frozen fruits, dried fruits and nuts, cottage cheese, jam, chocolate, cinnamon, ginger, wine, brandy and much more.
Baking apples and in the oven, but cooking in a microwave will take half the time, especially if you want to bake a whole pair of fruits. Spend no more than a quarter of an hour and please your family and friends with a delicious and healing delicacy. No other dessert dish is cooked so fast.
Baked apples can be consumed during a diet or fasting. Amazing result gives fasting day on the baked fruits. If you include two or three baked apples in your daily diet, it will have a beneficial effect on the health and condition of the whole organism.