How to check the driver?
Every computer owner needsperiodically check the drivers installed on the computer. Thanks to this, you can increase the performance of a personal computer, as well as eliminate various problems that arise just because of the "spoiled" driver.
How to check the installed drivers
In order to check the installeddrivers it will be best to use such a program as "DriverScanner". It is very simple to use and allows you to perform a full scan, download, and install new versions of drivers for various devices on a personal computer. This includes graphics and sound cards, keyboard, mouse, monitor, motherboard, DVD and CD drives, network adapters, modem, scanner, printer, camera and other self-tuning devices. It should be noted that all drivers are constantly updated and upgraded by manufacturers, this is necessary to eliminate errors, as well as improve the performance of the device and add various new functionality. In the case where the drivers are not updated, various system errors can occur, both incorrect operation and complete system failure. You can check the driver manually, however it takes a lot of time. Therefore, in order to learn about all the updates and do not lose time, you need to use a program such as "DriverScanner".
So, how to test the driver on a computer withusing the "DriverScanner" program. After the program is fully installed, you need to open it, go to the "Overview" menu and click on the "Check" button. Immediately after this, the "Device driver" window appears before you. There will be a full list of drivers that need to be updated. You can update outdated and inoperative drivers in two ways.
- The first way. Search the Internet for updates yourself, and then also install them yourself.
- The second way. The second way is to entrust all this work to the program "DriverScanner", which is much more convenient.
Thus, using this program to check drivers, you can constantly get exhaustive information about the status of drivers installed on a personal computer.
Checking drivers manually
If you need to check onlyone or two specific drivers, then this can be done manually. So, how to test the driver without using special programs for this. Let's consider this process for the example of sound verification, since the rest of the drivers are checked in the same way. First you need to go to the "Device Manager".
- You need to open the Start menu, then right-click on the My Computer icon, and then select the Tools tab on the shortcut menu.
- When the "System Properties" window opens, you will need to select the "Hardware" tab and click on the "Device Manager" button.
- In the opened window, you will need to click on the "+" sign next to the device you are interested in. In this case, this is the string "Audio, video and gaming devices."
- After that, a list appears, where you should select "Realtek High Definition Audio" in the property line.
- In the appeared window named "Propertiesdevice "you need to pay attention to the lowest line called" Application of the device. " Here, the item "This device is used (enabled)" should be selected. In addition, you should make sure that the "Device Status" line indicates that the device is working properly.
- In the case when it says in the "Device Status" line that not all the drivers required for this device are installed, then you must install the correct drivers.
How to check if drivers are installed
Very often, users have to facewith various kinds of minor malfunctions, for example, the inoperability of certain devices or the lack of sound. The reason for this may be the lack of the necessary drivers. Therefore, it is necessary to periodically check the system for their availability. The easiest way to check for installed drivers is to use the Device Manager. To do this you need:
- Point your mouse over the icon "My computer"
- Click on it with the right mouse button and select Device Manager in the context menu that opens.
- After that, a window will open in which you can see a list of all the drivers installed on the computer.
- Where you need to reinstall the driver or just update it, there will be a yellow question mark.
In addition, check for driversThe operating system can also be programmed. One of the most popular such programs is the "Driver Updater". This program, checking the driver, allows not only to scan for the presence of drivers the entire system, but also download the missing drivers from the Internet. It should be noted that the program "Driver Updater" supports about 230,000 devices and manufacturers, and it also has a Russian interface. Using this program is very easy. After installing it on the computer, you must run it. "Driver Updater" will perform a detailed scan of the entire computer system. After that, a list of installed drivers will appear, which will identify the drivers for which you want to run the update or make a full reinstallation.
Well, now you are already an experienced user and notbe at a loss if, when reinstalling the operating system, you will not have a column or will "float" the screen due to lack of drivers on the video card. All is simple, use the necessary software and in a few minutes you will bring your personal computer in full order. Fortunately, manufacturers release free drivers that are available to us - ordinary users. It's enough just to go to the necessary site and download them. Successful installation!