How to create a registration?
Watch the video
When creating a website, each web-programmer or the future owner of the site has specific tasks, one of which is the development of a registration form. Thanks to this form, it will be easier for the owners of forums, portals, online stores to keep records of their customers, and the owners of classic websites will be able to increase the conversion rate by providing more opportunities to their registered (and even regular) customers.
How to create?
To create a registration form, you can go two ways:
- pay a web programmer and get the final product;
- Having a minimum of knowledge of html and php, make the most desired form.
In the second case, when creating the site itself, it is not even necessary to write code from scratch. Today, there are a lot of ready-made solutions for Internet projects of varying complexity, and almost every platform offers the user to use previously written registration forms. To use them, you only need:
- connect the appropriate module
- select the required fields (name, e-mail, etc.)
- customize the design.
Even if you are not satisfied with the registration form offered by the cms developers, the code can always be downloaded on the Internet and applied to your site. Of course, first it is better to try to understand the essence of the installed form in order to protect yourself and provide maximum comfort to your customers.
If you want to create a registration form yourself, the following tips will be useful:
- Do not make a very long registration form. Select the most important fields for you, make them required, and all the others - at will;
- find (or write) an adequate handler of the entered information - so that the user does not have to re-register each time;
- protect yourself from spam by creating a captcha to confirm that the user is a person, not a “robot”;
- create a separate mailbox where new customer information will arrive;
- together with the registration form, make sure to enter the site to already registered users;
- Be sure to write a greeting after the user registers or logs back into the site;
- Remember to create a password recovery form.