How to draw a horse with a pencil?
Watch the video
"We all learned a little something and somehow," including drawing. And sometimes you want to portray something like that! In the Drawing section you can find a lot of tips on this. And in this article we will describe how you can learn to draw a horse with a pencil.
How to learn to draw a horse with a pencil
The easiest way to draw a horse is if you draw to children: four legs, a mane and a tail with a whisk. Any child-dreamer will immediately understand that this is a frisky horse, especially if you notify the child in advance. However, to further develop the imagination of the child, you can portray a magical creature, as described in the article How to draw a unicorn.
But you want to draw a real horse! Do not go to the stable with an easel, especially since we are not able to handle the easel, and not all the stables come across. Yes, and draw from life - you need to have a skill. How to be?
We draw a horse from a picture
We find a suitable picture and transfer the image of the horse to your drawing.This can be done with the help of window glass: in the afternoon, when it is light outside, you apply a picture to the glass, cover it with paper and draw a translucent drawing with a pencil.
How to draw a horse with a pencil from memory
What a horse looks like, we all remember, but this is not enough to draw it. Need to know the proportions. Some proportions are already given in the article How to draw a horse. We will add: it is most convenient to relate the dimensions of all parts of the body to the head, i.e. We will measure the horse "in their heads." The majority of correctly folded horses have the following proportions:
- the length of the neck is equal to the length of the head,
- from chest to tail - three heads,
- from the end of the neck to the ground - two heads,
- the thickness of the neck at its end (just above the withers) is one head,
- thickness of the body in the middle of the back - one head,
- croup can be described by an arc of a circle with a diameter of one head centered on the groin area.
Now we can make an approximate marking of all parts of a horse’s body on paperstart drawing.
- We draw an oval in place of the head, which is slightly wider to the neck and narrower to the nose. At the narrow end of the bottom we make a small smooth bend - the lower jaw. Read more about how to draw a horse face, it is written in the article How to draw a Pegasus.
- At a distance of one head draw another oval - the body.This oval also draws a smooth bend from behind - croup.
- We join the ovals with a neck, which smoothly expands downwards.
- At first, the horse's front legs are simply denoted with sticks, which in the last quarter come forward: the horse's hoofs are arranged like ours when we stand on tiptoes. We divide the upper part of the legs in half, and in the middle we draw circles - the knees.
- The hips of the hind legs form an almost regular circle, smoothly turning into the lower part of the limb. The knees of the hind legs bend back (the knees back).
Now you can start drawing details (eyes, ears, tails, etc.) and applying shadows. With a little patience, your horse is ready.