How to make kvass from birch sap - 5 step-by-step recipes
The foamy drink with the addition is the pride of the national brewing. The recipe is invented by the Slavs. Since ancient times, the valuable tree has been worshiped, and tree elixir has been added not only to kvass, but also to wine and honey. On its basis, they brewed the legendary Scythian Berezovitsa.
How to make kvass from birch sap at home? The secrets of cooking have survived to the present day, I will tell about them in the article. Natural birch sap is an excellent preparation for kvass, as it does not lose its beneficial properties and qualities in the fermentation process. Birch "tears" - a natural preservative, bestowed on us by nature, more useful and natural than food products.
We turn to the technology of preparation. There are several recipes available.
Classic kvass on birch sap with barley
Kvass on birch sap with barley is a source of nutrients and vitamins. It tastes like ordinary kvass with yeast.The cooking process is simple, takes a minimum of time.
- Juice - 3 l,
- Barley - 100 g
- Fresh birch sap is carefully filtered from slivers, bark and other extraneous natural “gifts”. For this I use gauze, folded in several layers. I’ll cool for two days.
- Dry barley in a pan. The taste of the drink directly depends on the roasting time. If untreated grains support a little longer, then the future kvass will turn out with bitterness. For a delicate flavor, lightly fry the barley so that the grains have a golden color.
- In the purified and cooled juice I pour the grains, wrapped with gauze, for convenience.
- I insist kvass in a warm place. Stir 2 times a day during ripening. After 3-4 days, kvass will darken, acquire a pronounced taste of grain.
- Strain through, bottled.
Kvass from birch sap with dried fruits
- Birch sap - 2.5 liters,
- Dried fruits - 150 g.
- Wash dried fruits in running water several times. I do not soak it, but immediately lay it in a pre-prepared jar.
- Pour over birch sap, cover with a towel or multi-layer gauze.
- For fermentation, you need heat.
Kvass from birch sap with honey
- "Tears" of birch - 5 liters,
- Fresh Yeast - 50 g,
- Lemon - 1 piece,
- Honey - 100 g,
- Raisin - 3 things.
- Strain kvass through cheesecloth. Pour the yeast with a small volume of water - 40-50 ml.
- Squeeze the juice from fresh lemon.
- I mix fluids, add honey, pour yeast.
- I take a 5-liter bottle, my, at the bottom I put a few stuffed dried grapes.
- I pour the drink, close the lid tightly. I put the birch-honey mixture in a cool place.
- After 3 days, the kvass is ready to eat.
How to cook bread kvass on birch "tears"
- Juice - 3 l,
- Dry yeast - 1 g,
- Rye crackers - 300 g,
- Sugar - 1.5 tablespoons.
- I pour the pre-filtered juice into the pan, sprinkle sugar and mix thoroughly. Add yeast for spicy taste. To make the drink softer and less hearty, you can only put rye crackers. I use both bread and yeast.
- I leave to insist during the day. I expose in a warm place.
- I pour the drink on cans or bottles, carefully filtering. I put stored in the fridge.
I use as a refreshingly invigorating drink and okrosechnoy basis. Use the recipe for health!
Cooking birch kvass with orange
- Birch "tears" - 2.5 liters
- Orange - 1 piece,
- Sugar - 1 cup,
- Raisin - 25 grams,
- Melissa and Mint - a few bunches,
- Yeast - 10 g.
- I clean the orange, cut into slices. Yeast knead with a little sugar. Sending the mixture to a jar, throwing bunches of fresh grass, chopped orange and remaining sugar.
- Stir, pour juice. I put in a warm place. Cooking will take from 2 to 4 days depending on the temperature.
- The finished product is bottled. I use 0.5-liter containers. In each I spit out a few tricks of raisins for flavor. I send in the refrigerator for storage.
- In a day, birch kvass will “ripen” and can be used as a soft drink or an unusual base for okroshka.
The benefits and harm of kvass from birch sap
The classic bread drink contains a large number of probiotic bacteria that have a beneficial effect on the activity of the gastrointestinal tract and the body's immunity.Using birch sap instead of filtered water only enhances the positive effect. The content of salts of magnesium, potassium, manganese, iron, aluminum and other useful components has a beneficial effect on the overall condition of the body.
The drink invigorates, refreshes and tones, is used as a prophylactic against colds, in the spring of vitamin deficiency, etc.
The “tears” of the native Russian tree contain natural defenders of immunity - phytoncides. These are active substances that inhibit the development of bacteria produced by plants in a natural way.
Birch sap based kvass is used as a substitute for expensive cosmetics. Make him rejuvenating mask. The product is applied to the face steamed after the bath and left for half an hour. Then the natural mask is washed off with water. From kvass is made means for strengthening hair, which is suitable for normal and greasy curls.
In moderate doses, the drink is harmless. Gastritis and other inflammations of the mucous membrane are a contraindication to frequent use.A ban on consuming is allergy to birch pollen, which is rare.
Try to make a fragrant and invigorating foamy drink with birch sap at home according to one of the recipes mentioned in the article. The result will exceed expectations. You will receive a valuable product with a pleasant mild flavor, beneficial to the body.