How to remove a car from the register?
The owners or owners of the vehicle must remove the vehicle from registration in the following cases: if the owner has changed the place of his registration, or the vehicle is subject to write-off and further disposal, in case of termination of ownership of the vehicle in the manner prescribed by Russian law. So, how to remove the car from the register?
There are 2 options for deregistration of cars for sale:
If you have already found a buyer for a car, then you can re-register it with him to a new owner in the state MREO in your area, or in a separate division - the paid branch of MREO. You come with the buyer to the traffic police to remove the car from the register with the following documents:
- PTS (vehicle passport);
- DCT (sales contract);
- JTS (vehicle certificate);
- for the new owner of the vehicle insurance is required OSAGO.
If the buyer is from the same region with you, this greatly simplifies your task, since he can leave the old numbers.This way, he will save not only time, but also money. You can find out if a car is deregistered at the tax office. Relevant information must be transferred to this organization within 10 days after delivery of documents.
When removing a vehicle, registration plates are not removed from registration, if an individual has changed the place of his residence within the territorial limits of the subject of Russia where this vehicle is registered.
The second option - the most familiar to us. This is the usual deregistration of the vehicle. In this case, there are also two types:
- In the first case, you are applying to the "paid" MREO. You come to any branch of this department, go to the window and give the documents. Here you make payment in the amount of 3.5 thousand rubles. Within 2 hours, not later, you get your hands on transit numbers. You are free.
- In the second case, you remove the car from the register in the state MREO.
Procedure in the state MREO
You come to this organization in order to deregister the sold car.
- Take the application form, which you can download in advance on the Internet, and fill it out.
- You take a queue at the observation deck so that the inspector will check the PTS data with the vehicle data.
- After the site, take a turn in the window for submitting documents, where you provide the following data: the JTS, TCP, license plates, a statement with an inspection mark on passing the inspection. You will also need a receipt for payment of state duty of 300 rubles, a passport and a general power of attorney (in the event that you are not the owner of the vehicle).
After all the documents are handed over, you just have to wait until they give your name to give you the following documents - your passport, transit numbers and PTS with a note that your car is not already registered in this department of the traffic police.
Pros and cons of both options
It is possible to remove a car from the registration in a paid OP MREO quickly (no more than 2 hours), but this operation is relatively expensive (of course for someone like) - from 3,500 rubles.
Exactly the same operation in the State. MREO can stretch in time from 4 to 8 hours. However, in this case, you can save more than 3 thousand rubles, since you can deduct your vehicle for 300 rubles. Therefore, where to deregister a car, of course, you will decide.