How to remove the grille?
Watch the video
The grille of the car is removed during various repairs or directly to replace it. They also change this detail for decorative purposes in order to give the car an attractive appearance - specialty shops sell original grilles for the radiator, which give the car a personality.
The general principle of removing the grille
In order to perform these actions, the following tools are required:
- crosshead screwdriver;
- flat screwdriver;
- screwdriver with nozzles for unscrewing screws and screws.
To remove the grille, does not require any specialized knowledge and skills. To do this, simply perform the following sequence of actions:
- With a crosshead screwdriver, unscrew the lattice mounting bolts on the bracket on the right and left sides.
- Two pliers on both sides compress the lattice latches and carefully remove (on both sides you will hear a strong click sound).
- Only now you can freely pull the grille towards you and remove it.
On different models, there are various nuances of the implementation of this action, so we will consider the removal of the grille on the examples of specific cars.
How to remove the grille at the VAZ-2109
Such model of the car as "VAZ-2109", is one of widespread models in our country. The so-called "nine" is considered one of the repairable modes of transport. Motorists appreciate this for the opportunity to make repairs on their own with minimal cash outlays.
The radiator grille of the "nine" is made of plastic, so it is most susceptible to mechanical stress. The frequent hit of stones flying out from under the wheels of an oncoming car leads to the deformation of this part. The driver himself can remove the grille in this way:
- Open the hood.
- Unscrew the two screws of the upper grille mount with a cross-head screwdriver.
- Loosen the plastic tab in the center of the grille with a screwdriver.
- Remove the grille from the brackets, tilting it slightly towards you. The grille will be removed when it comes out of the lower mounting hooks.
Installing this part or replacing it with a new one occurs in reverse order.
Removing the grille with Volkswagen Tiguan
The frequent ingress of insects into the radiator while the car is moving can lead to serious damage - for this reason, the radiator grille is often removed from this model. To protect the radiator, you need to remove the grille and install a mosquito net. It is necessary to perform the following actions:
- Remove the 3 screws from the top of the hood.
- Bend the clips and latches on the sides.
- Remove the grill.
Dismantling the grille on the car Mazda
Removing the grille on the Mazda has its own characteristics. Such actions are desirable for making on a platform or a viewing hole. The fact is that the car has low ground clearance, and you can make a number of mistakes. In addition, it would be inconvenient to simply do work in a different way. Remove the radiator grille as follows:
- Remove the screws under the bumper.
- Unscrew the screws, which fasten the fenders to the bumper.
- Unscrew the 2 screws under the hood.
- Remove the large caps (do not touch the small ones!). To do this, it is necessary to pry their central parts and lift them.
- Remove the edges of the bumper from the clutch with the wings.
- Remove the bumper and then the grille.