How to set up a webcam in Skype?
Skype (Scype) - a program that allows you to communicate with friends or relatives, not paying attention to the distance that divides you. This program is very convenient because in addition to text chat, it supports work with a webcam. Thus, you can not just read text messages, but hear and even see your interlocutor. Now we will talk about how to set up a webcam. Skype is a program that is installed on almost every computer. To use it fully, you should make some settings.
How to set up a webcam in Skype
- Connect the webcam to your computer and install the drivers for it, if you have not already done so.
- Open Skype, select “Tools” in the main menu, find the “Settings” line.
- Select "Video Settings". In theory, you should see an image that your webcam broadcasts. If you see it, then everything is fine and the camera does not need more detailed settings.
- If there is no image, make sure that your camera is not used in any other program or application.
- Check if the drivers are installed correctly. For this:
- Enter the "Start" menu of the computer, select "Control Panel"
- Find the “System” icon, then “Hardware” and “Device Manager”
- Find a line with a webcam there. Make sure there is no yellow exclamation mark next to it. Otherwise, it means that you need to reinstall the driver.