How to use the modem?
Relatively recently, 3G modems have entered our lives, allowing us to connect to the worldwide network via cellular communication. Outwardly, such a device looks like a regular USB flash drive into which you can insert a SIM card.
Problems with how to use a 3G modem, as a rule, does not arise. We offer a brief description of working with such a device:
- Before using the modem, it is necessary to open the case of the modem and carefully insert the SIM card of the cellular operator into it. It does not have to be a card from your phone. It is better to purchase a card specifically for the modem. As in the phone, the card is inserted down the contacts.
- Remove the side cap and insert the modem connector into the USB connector of the computer. The connector must fit tightly into the connection. You can connect a modem, both when the computer is off, and when it is turned on.
- After connecting the modem, the operating system will find the new hardware and start installing it. Then you just need to follow the prompts of the system to complete the installation of the modem.If the installation of the equipment has not started, check whether the modem is firmly inserted, then go to the "Control Panel" and "Install the new equipment". On Mac OS, modem installation is similar.
- When the installation is complete, a shortcut to the Mobile Internet program should appear on your desktop, with which you can manage your connection tariff and access the Internet. Payment for the Internet is made by replenishing the SIM card account used in the modem.
- Speaking about how to use a USB modem, it should be mentioned that to safely disconnect the USB modem from the computer, it is necessary to close its software.