What is a note? What is her story?
There is not a single person who never once felt the pleasant caress of his ear with different sounds: be it the sound of water, the sound of apples falling to the ground or an aria of birds. The world is saturated with a whole range of different sounds, which is undoubtedly a heavenly creation of nature.
Over time, people managed to subdue the sounds and created the eighth wonder of the world - music. She goes with humanity through life: they are born, grow up and go on her last journey. It is difficult to imagine your existence in its absence: without the brightest emotions and phenomenal ideas, the incentive to fight and achieve goals.
So, everyone is aware of the existence of music, but how many people have a clue: what is it made of and what is a note?
What is a note?
Like everything in the world, music has its structure. Her anatomy is the sounds that occur due to the vibrations of the waves. We hear their presence, but how are they designated visually? Humanity was able to classify them, and musical sounds acquired their full name.
Meaning of the word:
- note is a written sign. It is similar to the letter and serves as an alphabet for graphic and verbal communication, but not in speech, but in musical language.
Music lives with people from ancient times. First of all, it appeared in the form of percussion instruments like drums. Then the brass who were able to intonate were born - to reproduce the melodious sounds. Over the centuries, the number and variety of instruments grew, so a written musical language became necessary.
What is a note - at that time was not known.
The first attempts were simple notation: line, dashes, dots, and other symbols. There was no unambiguous writing system, so reading them was a difficult task.
Later, the characters were able to build and fit under the framework of the four lines. Prostrate characters have risen to nevm.
- Neva in the Middle Ages was a way of designating a written musical instrument. With its help, it became possible to navigate in the direction of the melody.
Such a system existed for a long time (IX-XVIcentury). Undoubtedlyit was a breakthrough for performers and composers. But it had its drawbacks:
- it was impossible to read a new work for the first time from a sheet of music and to intonate at an exact height, as there was no specific designation for each sound. Nevma were more assistants in a previously learned essay and served as a kind of guide (tip);
- if with the direction of the melody it was more or less clear, then to determine the rhythm in which the composition should have been performed was an impossible task. And as you know: rhythm is the most important component in music.
Due to the deficiencies in the structure, the non-explicit record undergoes changes:
- To the existing signs, they also added letter letters, which are capable of indicating the height of the note;
- a six-step series of sounds appears;
- nevami point to and between the lines, which makes it possible to more accurately intonate during performance;
- attributed to the fifth line, which in practice is used to this day. It is called the "music staff".
All of the above merit was accomplished thanks to the work of the greatest musical name of the medieval times - Guido Aretinsky.
What does this look like?
In the modern world, experts use a camp of 5 lines, on which it is possible to accurately indicate the pitch, strokes and rhythm of the work.
In total, seven notes are used in musical notation, which can vary in a different order, thus creating a favorite composition by everyone.
Their names are:
- From to;
- D - re;
- E - mi;
- F - F;
- G is salt;
- A - la;
- H (in the German system) or B (in English) - s;
The seventh is the youngest, because it was born later than the rest. Her parent was Hubert Walrant of Flemish in 1574.
- Guido Aretinsky initially made another version of the writing of the first sound - instead of Do it was Ut;
- the names of the notes have a logical basis. The theorist folded them from a prayer to John the Baptist according to the principle of the first letters of each word:
The sign consists of:
- heads (round basis);
- calm (vertical line);
- checkbox (in case of short durations of notes).
Meaning and analysis of "notes", as the words:
- from the Latin translation - "label";
- consists of two syllables;
- emphasis falls on the first vowel;
There are two homonyms:
- in diplomacy - the official speech of one side to the other;
- in the financial sphere, a security attributed to a loan agreement.
In the instrumental music, the composer of the creation and the professional with his ability take the responsibility to express what would be easier to explain with the help of the game technique.
The intertwining of harmonies, the multifaceted combination of chords and the melody that runs through the accompanying base can make notes without words much brighter and more expressive than with them.
If the instrumental music in this issue easier to understand, then what to do with vocal? In her, the absence of speech intervention is unacceptable. However, there are plays that do not need words - vocalise. The melody is sung on one vowel sound or several, varying among themselves.
The famous vocalism No. 14 S.V. Rakhmaninov is the property of the Russian Republic and serves as an excellent example of what can’t be expressed verbally.
You can rummage through the sarcophagi of history for a long time. But from all the teachings follows one conclusion that the music:
- the highest work, to which absolutely all of humanity had a hand;
- creation, unable to leave anyone indifferent;
- friend, going with everyone in life from beginning to end.
The question “What is a note?” Was, is and will remain relevant as long as music continues to exist in the hearts of people.