What should I do if I vomit?
Vomiting is an unnatural process, it is associatedwe have a disease. When a person is nauseous, there is a desire to somehow help and stop this process. But you need to understand what to do when you vomit, and in what case it should be stopped, and in what - no.
Causes of vomiting
First of all, you need to establish the reasons why a person is sick.
- Poisoning. Vomiting after poisoning occurs in a few hours, and even minutes. Rveth a man that food, which was a toxin. In this case, vomiting is a protective reaction of the body, it tries to get rid of the poisonous substance. Vomiting is not necessary. It is best to give a person as much water as possible to wash the stomach, and activated carbon - it absorbs toxins. If vomiting does not stop, or after it, the state of health has not improved, then the poison most likely has already managed to get into the blood, which means that urgent medical care and, possibly, even hospitalization are necessary.
- Serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. If vomiting becomes chronic and occurs after every meal, it can be a symptom of a serious gastrointestinal tract. In this case, you should immediately consult a doctor and conduct tests for gastritis, stomach ulcers or other diseases.
- "Brain" vomiting. Another cause of nausea and vomiting can be diseases of the central nervous system. With hypertensive crisis, migraine headaches, brain injuries, irritation of the emetic center in the brain occurs, which leads to vomiting. The most important thing here is that a person does not choke on his own vomiting. Therefore, in the most severe cases, when a person can not go or sit, they put him on his side. If vomiting is strong, then giving the pill is useless. Immediately call an ambulance.
- Sunstroke. If you are on vacation, then it is possible that it is a sunstroke. It is necessary to put the sick person in a quiet, calm and cool place, make a cool compress and "do not turn over". To relieve nausea and stop vomiting, give water acidified with lemon juice, or just a slice of sour lemon to suck.
Vomiting in children
Many parents, faced with vomiting in the child,what to do - do not know. Here, too, in the first place, it is necessary to determine what caused vomiting. In infants, the body is only being formed, and bacteria that help digest food are also growing. Therefore, regurgitation after eating in infants is a normal process, it does not need to be stopped. If the child has protracted vomiting, immediately consult a doctor and follow the general instructions for vomiting.
The most common rules for any vomiting:
- Allow the body to clean without stopping vomiting.
- Refrain from eating for 8 hours. It should be borne in mind that fruits, juices, nuts, yoghurts are also food.
- Give as much water as possible. Water helps to clean the stomach.
- Use absorbent. Activated carbon, Smecta or Polypefan are excellent absorbing agents that will absorb all the muck and help to get it out of the body.
- Take antimicrobials. As "light artillery" can be "Furazolidon" or "Nifuroxazide." If it does not help - you can use antibiotics - "Erythromycin", "Levomycetin", "Ciprofloxacin", "Cefotaxime."
- If vomiting is protracted and exhausting, antiemetics may be taken.
What to do after vomiting, yourown organism - it is best to let him rest after such an exhausting process, to restore the water-salt balance. This is best done by mineral water.
Diarrhea and vomiting
Poisoning can provoke vomiting and diarrhea. What to do in this case? Both vomiting and diarrhea are an attempt by the body to purify itself of infection or toxin. If they have penetrated shallowly - then there is vomiting, if they have gone further along the digestive tract - then diarrhea. In this situation, you need to let the body clear. If vomiting and diarrhea do not stop, you should try to take medicine - activated charcoal, lapyramid and other pills, aimed at fighting stomach upset. In the event that all of the above remedies did not help to improve well-being, you should call an ambulance to inject drugs intravenously or intramuscularly, as well as to clean the stomach.
Often, vomiting and fever occur simultaneously,but you already know what to do. Temperature is a signal from the body that something is wrong, and it is fighting infection. As a rule, the temperature increase is insignificant. If she jumped strongly and held for a long time - it's not about vomiting and not into poisoning, you need a doctor to clarify the diagnosis.
Vomiting with bile
If normal vomiting is considered more or lessnormal, then puts a person in a stupor is vomiting bile: what to do? It should not be frightened. Clearing the stomach of the food contained in it, the body tried to remove the toxin. But if he has already managed to get into the blood, this may not be enough. It is possible that the poison is hidden in the liver, kidneys or pancreas. Then the vomiting does not stop, and as there is nothing to rust - bile comes out.
The doctor should be called in any case. In addition, it is necessary to observe carefully what kind of character your discharge is. The presence of mucus, blood or bile there may be signs of a serious illness, and the doctor will have to ask you about what were the discharges to correctly establish the diagnosis.
Summing up, we can say that the most important thing for vomiting is to let the body cleanse, drink as much water as possible, abstain from eating, take absorbent and destroy microbes. Be healthy!