What to do if bleeding gums?
Bleeding gums appears due to poor carefor teeth and gums. Their inflammation leads to a disease called gingivitis. What to do if bleeding gums? First, you need to find out the true causes of this ailment.
One of the causes of bleeding is tartar. If the teeth are cleaned irregularly and the plaque remains, then eventually it becomes hard, thereby becoming a tartar. As a result, the tissues that surround the teeth become inflamed and blood begins to leak from the gums.
There are also a number of reasons such as:
- too zealous brushing of teeth;
- hormonal failures of the body;
- improper installation of dentures;
- cuts from dental floss;
- oral infection;
- use of a variety of drugs;
- lack of vitamin K;
- problems with blood coagulability.
Gingivitis is not always manifested by gum bleeding, a harbinger of trouble can also serve as the following symptoms:
- pain in the gums;
- their swelling;
- the formation of deep cracks between the teeth and gums;
- teeth begin to stagger;
- "Omission" of the gums.
What to do if bleeding gums: tips
- First of all, you should avoid using rinsing liquids that contain alcohol.
- To stop the blood, attach a cotton swab to the gums.
- If the doctor has identified a shortage of vitamins, you should take the prescribed course.
- After eating, rinse your mouth with salt water or a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water.
- If the problem is in dentures, then you should immediately contact your dentist.
There are also folk recipes that will help to quickly prevent soreness and bleeding gums ...
- To reduce the degree of swelling and bleeding gums, mix in equal proportions broths of oak bark and chamomile. Rinse your mouth 2-3 times a day.
- The decoction of the plantain will greatly slow down the process of congestion. It is also used as a rinse at least 2 times a day.
- To strengthen and anti-inflammation of the gums will help antiseptic remedy from the decoction of nettle and yarrow. Rinse after eating.
- If you accidentally burned or scratched your gum while eating, and they hurt - hold a couple of minutes in your mouth with a sage broth, then spit it out.
- To improve blood flow in the mouth and reducethe accumulation of bacteria should be mixed in equal parts with coniferous extract with green tea and rinse with this mixture of the mouth during the day. It does not hurt to do this even after eating sweet.
If you once encounter this problem,and you managed to get rid of it, you need to know what to do to avoid bleeding gums in the future. In no case should we forget about prevention. To do this, you should:
- visit the dentist once every six months to remove the formed plaque;
- do not forget to follow his professional advice on oral care at home;
- regularly brush your teeth, suitable for stiffness to you, a toothbrush;
- adhere to regular and regular nutrition, reduce the consumption of sugar-containing foods;
- try to quit smoking, because smoking only aggravates the problem with the gums
With the regular observance of all the above methods, your gums will stop bleeding and will always be healthy!