Why are the sides sore?
Before you find out why the sides are sore, you needDetermine what you call sideways. In medicine, there is no such organ at all. Patients in this concept put completely different parts of the body. So, pains in the side include unpleasant sensations in the left or right hypochondrium, in the lumbar region and in the lateral parts of the abdomen.
Why does my left side hurt?
Consider the areas of hypochondrium. Listen to your body what kind of pain you are experiencing: strong, pulling, sudden, acute, prolonged, sharp, sharp or dull. To establish, why the left side hurts, it is possible only having resorted to medical inspection.
- The spleen is located just to the left of the centerbelly, so the pain in the left side is most often associated with it. The proximity of this organ to the surface makes it particularly vulnerable. With mononucleosis, the spleen increases in size, which can lead to ruptures even without physical impact. Visible signs in this case are the blueing of the left side due to the accumulation of blood.
- In the elderly, pain in the left side, at the top, can be caused by a hernia of the diaphragm.
- Also, one should not forget about the heart. With heart disease, pain can be given just in the left side.
- Unpleasant sensations in the left lower square speak about problems with the intestine or the sexual organs.
Now let's try to figure out why the right side hurts.
Why does my right side hurt?
- Most often this indicates a problem withliver, biliary tract, right kidney. Painful sensations in the right hypochondrium - the first bell to call a doctor, because the cause can be hepatitis - inflammation of the liver. Depending on the cause of the infection, different types of hepatitis are isolated.
- Gallbladder - another cause of pain in the right side, it can be a consequence of the abuse of sharp and fatty foods.
- In the lower part is an appendix. Its inflammation causes painful sensations in this area. If there is discomfort in the right side, first of all you should think about appendicitis. Do not hesitate to contact a doctor, the timely removal of appendicitis will protect you from health problems and complications.
- In women, pain in this area may be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.
- With regular anxiety, you should check for sexually transmitted diseases.
Running and pain in the side
Often with prolonged physical exertion,especially when running, the side begins to hurt. This is the most common problem for beginners. It is not possible to say unequivocally why the running hurts the side, there can be several reasons.
- The cause may be a surface warm-up andafter intense running. As a result, the blood begins to circulate faster, the liver increases in volume and, as a consequence, hepatic pain syndrome occurs in the right hypochondrium. If such feelings occur, slow down the pace and gradually go to step, take deep breaths with your nose and exhale with your mouth, the pain will gradually decrease.
- Another reason for such symptoms may be a hearty breakfast or lunch, prior to sports. Remember that you can start training only 40 minutes after eating.
Why does my side hurt during pregnancy?
Pregnant women often complain aboutpain in the side. Causes of side pain in pregnant women do not differ much from those that are common to ordinary patients. If such a feeling arose suddenly, the pain is sharp and lasts more than 30 minutes - this is an alarming symptom. Call a doctor as soon as possible.
If you are concerned about pain, do not let everything go by itself. Timely detection and treatment will not cost you as much as a neglected form of the disease.