Why does chills occur at normal body temperature?
As you know, doctors can make a preliminary diagnosis to their patients without a full examination. After all, some diseases have fairly pronounced symptoms that are not inherent in any other disease. But, what to do in the event that any signs appear individually, and not in a complex?
Severe chills at normal body temperature: why does it occur?
Such a problem is faced by quite a large number of people. After all, at the very first sensations of weakness of the body, malaise and drowsiness, a person automatically sets himself a thermometer. But how could one not be surprised if, after five to seven minutes, this medical device indicates a completely normal value. In this regard, many people have a question: why are they worried about a severe chill without raising their body temperature? It is worth noting that there are many different answers to it.After all, such a phenomenon can occur for completely different reasons.
Chills at normal temperature: the most common causes
- ARVI. The most common cause of such a deviation is the banal cold. After all, chills accompany this disease in the first place. And only after that, the person may slightly or strongly increase the temperature, as well as gradually appear cough, runny nose, tearing and other symptoms. In order not to bring your body to a bad state, it is recommended to steam your legs at the very first chill, drink hot tea with honey, raspberries or lemon, and then try to quickly fall asleep under a warm and thick blanket.
- Infectious diseases.Chills at normal body temperature very often occur on the background of any infectious diseases, such as influenza. As a rule, in this case, the thermometer shows an increased value only after the day after infection. In such situations, it is desirable for the patient to carry out the same measures as with a banal cold.
- Pressure. Severe chills without body temperature can also occur against a background of low or high blood pressure. In this case, these symptoms are eliminated by solving this particular problem.
- It is also worth noting that a person may feel chills without fever after emotional stress, lack of sleep, stress, excitement and overwork.
Chills at normal temperature: less likely causes
- Not so long ago, it was found that chills, drowsiness and weakness, not accompanied by increased body temperature, occur against the background of a malfunction of the thyroid gland. In this case, the patient should be engaged in the treatment of this particular important organ.
- Also, lethargy and strong chills of the body without fever may disturb a person as a result of a significant slowdown of metabolic processes in the body (for example, a long-term and rigid diet). In such situations, the problem can be solved by restoring the former way of life.