Windows 8: how to connect the Internet?
Watch the video
After the release of the Windows 8 operating system, many decide to install it on their computer or laptop. But after successful installation of this OS there is a need to connect and configure the Internet. You can do this work yourself, using the instructions below.
Connect and configure the Internet on Windows 8
To connect and configure the Internet on Windows 8, you must do the following:
- Click on the "Start" button and select "Desktop" in the menu.
- In the lower right corner of the desktop, locate the Network icon and right-click on it.
- A menu opens in which you select "Network Control Center".
- In the window that appears, click on "Configure a new connection", and then select the option "Connect to the Internet."
- A window will open where you need to select "Create a new connection" and then click on the "High-speed" option.
- In the window that appears, enter the name and password that were provided to you by your ISP, and then click on the "Connect" button.This will complete the procedure. To make sure that the network works correctly and is ready to use, you will be helped by the icon "Network Connections" in the lower right of the desktop. Clicking on it with the left mouse button, you open the panel where it will be written that the created connection is available.